Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Blast the blaster, worm the worm

In a bizarre reaction to the MSBlaster worm, someone has released a new worm into the wild. Called variously "Nachi, Welchia or MSBlast.B", it exploits the same vulnerability that attracts Blaster but then attempts to remove Blaster, download and install the Microsoft patch and then re-boot the machine. I'll bet someone thinks they deserve a medal - or at least a pat on the back - for doing this. What they'll get from me is a kick in the rear! Stay out of my computer! Don't try to protect me from myself. The damage already done by this so-called do-gooder while not as much as Blaster, is nevertheless significant. The perpetrator should be apprehended and prosecuted.

Comments: Post a Comment

© 2003-2006 The Virtual Quill, All Rights Reserved

Home

[Powered by Blogger]

-->